It happened few weeks ago when Frederick and I went out for a quick dinner and I spotted this big poster about apple caramel shake. The poster looked amazingly inviting, even for not an apple lover like me. So, I was debating whether I should give it a try or not. The picture looked so delicious, but I was also afraid that I would leave disappointed. Curious, I followed my guts and asked the cashier of how good it was. As someone who tried to sell as many as possible, he said it’s really good especially when I (he) made it. Hmm, perhaps i should give it a go, I replied. So, one order of apple caramel shake was placed in order.
Well, the shake came out late. In fact, our food came out way faster than the shake, but I completely understood why once I saw that apple caramel shake appeared in front of me. Those apples are chopped so neat and nice, they all came out in same sizes. I first thought the idea of apple caramel shake was just vanilla ice cream with apple juice or something apple, not realizing that it would be the real thing! I was completely wrong and I was so glad I ordered that.
Apple Caramel Shake
- 2 cups of apple, cubed (leave some for garnish)
- 3 scoops vanilla caramel ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tbs caramel sauce
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Chocolate shaved for garnish
- In a blender, combine apple, ice cream, milk, vanilla extract, and ice cubes. Mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce into each chilled glass and swirl around.
- Add half of the remaining apple at the bottom of the glass, then pour the shake.
- Top with whipped cream, remaining apple, and chocolate shaved.