Happy Monday, folks! Earlier this year (wait, we’re still in January, right?), a friend introduced me to this avocado toast. It was during our meeting the day after the New Year, and everybody was still in holiday mood, including the restaurants. Hence, this restaurant only served avocado toast on that day. I guess I was lucky since I’m madly in love with avocado and the avocado toast is the best ever! Since then, I’ve been enjoying the avocado toast 4 times. Yes, that’s how much I love this dish.
- 2 pieces of wheat French bread, sliced thick
- 1 perfectly ripe avocado
- 4 cloves of garlic (or garlic powder)
- Olive oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread in half, horizontally. Drizzle with olive oil and rub with garlic. Place on a baking pan and heat in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, let them cool for a minute.
- Scoop the avocado out of the skin, sliced and set aside.
- Top the toasted bread with avocado (1 scoop for 1 bread). Sprinkle with black pepper and sea salt.