Pssttt…let me tell you something – I’ve always loved holidays season. Period. I remember growing up, I always looked forward to end of November because that’s when we started building Christmas tree, and celebrated my birthday (ahem…), and school vacation. Oh, I miss all those happiness.
Today, I still enjoy and love the holiday season. What’s not to love? It’s time to shop with feeling less guilty, stay late after work and enjoy the city lights and breezy weather, and of course panettone, gingerbread, hot choco, christmas music, presents, and so much more.
Any who – as much as I love the holiday season, I was having hard time when I was challenged to make muffin that screams holiday. My idea of holiday are always colorful and snow. So, tell me what do you think when you hear the word holiday….
- 100 gr sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa
- 1/3 cup ground hazelnut
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a mixer, combine the sugar, eggs and butter and mix until pale.
- Add sour cream and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Then add the cocoa and mix until everything is combined.
- With a spatula, add the hazelnuts and mix well.
- Divide into muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- To make the glaze: combine the ingredients and mix well.
- Drizzle the glaze over the muffin and decorate with red/ green sprinkles.