I bumped into so many coincidence lately, like bumped into an old friend whom I knew back in 1995, got a call from someone whom I have had in mind since a year ago (but I lose their contacts), and sunny sky in beautiful San Francisco last weekend. Good times! And what about this muffin – is it a coincidence? Well, I’ll let you determine that. But, let me tell you something that is not a coincidence, which is this giveaway! So, don’t be a stranger and take a peek!
Garlic, Spam, and Cheese Muffin
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbs finely chopped (or grated) garlic
- 1 tbs thinly sliced basil
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup spam, cubed
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Optional: ¼ cup sun-dried tomato
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixer, combine the butter and egg.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter and mix well. Then add the milk, garlic and basil.
- Using a spatula, add the spam, cheese, and sun-dried tomato (if using).
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden and puffy and a toothpick comes out clean.