Just because dinner needs to be quick doesn’t mean it shouldn’t also be delicious and easy. This week, Amy Kim of Kimchi Mom is hosting our SundaySupper with One Pot Recipes theme. One Pot Recipes, One Pot Meals, One Stop Dinners, whatever you call it, as long as they come out from stove to table or from oven to table in a single pot. They really are busy cook’s buddies! Once every blue moon, I often make one stop meals at home. It’s easy, quick, and most importantly… easy to clean. I normally use my rice cooker and make a single pot Hainanese Chicken Rice, Claypot Rice or even Duck Rice.
Today I’m sharing something different, something new, but still delicious. It’s a spicy coconut chicken casserole, a delicious one-pot meal with a touch of red curry. I made this last week while waiting for Breaking Bad season finale. It was awesome – both this dish and Breaking Bad. Now who says dinner can’t be fast and delicious?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tbs coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups canned reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 yellow bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), cubed
- 8 ounces green beans (stem ends removed), cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- In a heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then cook chicken until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- To pot, add curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, then add coconut milk, broth, 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil, and stir in rice.
- Add chicken (with any juices), arranging pieces in a single layer. Cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, without stirring, until rice is almost tender, 15 minutes.
- Scatter bell peppers and green beans on top of chicken mixture; cover, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
This week each participant of Sunday Supper is sharing one of their one pot recipes with you! Take a look at the list below. There are enough recipes to get you through this Fall and Winter!
“Take the chill off” Chilis, Soups, and Starters
- Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Eggplant Parmesan Soup by The Texan New Yorker
- Cream of Tomato and Tortellini Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Chicken Tortilla Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Korean-Style Short Rib Soup (slow cooker) by I Run For Wine
- Chicken Corn Chowder by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Spinach and Mushroom Tortellini Soup by Neighborfood
- Lasagna Soup by The ROXX Box
- Beefy Skillet Nacho Bake by The Weekend Gourmet
- German Onion Soup by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- White Bean and Spinach Soup by Ruffles & Truffles
- Korean Oxtail Soup (Kkori Gomtang) by kimchi MOM
- Fall Squash Chili by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili by Alida’s Kitchen
“Put meat on your bones” Stews
- Brew Stewed Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Dr. Pepper Shredded Chicken (slow cooker) by girlichef
- Pepper Beef Stew by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Slow Cooked Beef Stew with Red Wine, Carrots and Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fabulous French Cassoulet by Webicurean
- Slowcooker Coq Au Vin by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Claypot Braised Tofu by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Moroccan Lentil Ragout with Poached Eggs by The Wimpy Vegetarian
“Make room for seconds” Main Dishes
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Kalua Pork by Shockingly Delicious
- Chicken and Dumplings by Hip Foodie Mom
- Spicy Tomato Pasta by Supper for a Steal
- Spicy Coconut Chicken Casserole by The Urban Mrs.
- Carnitas with Queso Fresco Enchiladas by Casa de Crews
- Slow Cooker Garlic and Herb Pork Chops and Veggies by Cookin’ Mimi
- Jambalaya by Country Girl in the Village
- Easy Oven Sweet & Sour Chicken by MommasMeals
- Asian Chicken Rice Pot by A distinguished palate
- Quick One Pot Red Beans and Rice by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet & Sour Vegetarian Stir Fry by Foxes Love Lemons
- One-Pot Lentil Chicken by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Beef and Quince Tajine by MarocMama
- Cajun Rice and Beans by Growing Up Gabel
- Slow-Cooked Italian Beef Sandwiches by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sunday Supper Pork and Chorizo by Family Foodie
- Mediterranean Chicken Packets by The Dinner-Mom
- Easy Chorizo, Corn and Potatoes by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Roasted Corn, Tomato and Broccoli Risotto by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Quick ‘n Easy Asian-Style Quinoa by NinjaBaking.com
- Pan-fried Chicken with Bacon and Asparagus by Food Lust People Love
- Vegetarian Chipotle Tamale Pie by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Sausage and Noodle Pesto by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pot Coconut Rice Shrimp Pilaf by Sue’s Nutrition Buzzz
- One Pot Spicy Pasta by Mess Makes Food
“Can’t say no” Desserts
- Vegan Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Busy-Day S’mores Cake by Treats & Trinkets
- Microwave Pumpkin Cheesecake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Spice Apple Crisp by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Flourless Almond Butter Cookies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here? Sunday Supper Movement.