These past few days I’ve been using sign language a lot, in a positive way, of course. It started on Tuesday morning when I woke up and felt funny as if there’s a frog stuck in my throat. I ate my breakfast and drank plenty of water, but the ‘frog’ stayed there.
Right after my meeting in the morning, I went straight to CVS and grabbed two bags of cough drops. At first I thought that I will be fine after chewing the cough drops, as this thing often happened to me when the weather is too cold and I don’t get enough rest. But, not this time. I had a fever too and I felt so cold even after wearing two layers of sweater, a flannel blanket, socks, and another layer of bed cover. I was totally covered from head to toe, could hardly breath, and the worst part… I started losing my voice. Well, my voice still sounds pretty darn good, though, especially for bathroom-singing. Oh come on, I know who you are, lol… so that’s one of major reasons why I’ve been hiding lately. I’m recovering now and will be missing anything deep-fried at the moment.
Talking about quietness, I do love baking at night, especially on Friday night after a long week at work. It’s just a perfect moment to be alone, enjoying my me-time, and doing something I really enjoy… making desserts for breakfast the next day! This baked espresso berry pudding is so smooth, though it still has a cakey texture. But when you pour the sauce over it, you know that you will need another spoonful of this! And of course, a big shout out to Foodie Stuntman for hosting this event.
- 8 tbs butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbs coffee mix + 175 ml hot water
- 2 cups strawberry, cooked with 1/8 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 250 ml milk
- 5 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / rum
- 2 tbs remaining strawberry juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a hot sauce pan, bring the strawberries and sugar to a boil over medium heat, about 3-5 minutes. Let it cool and set aside 2 tbs of the juice for the berry sauce.
- In a mixer, combine the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Using a spatula, add the flour, cocoa, and baking soda to the butter mixture. Mix well.
- Add the coffee mix and keep stirring.
- Add the strawberry mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture to oven dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine the ingredients and cook over low-heat.
And finally, please check out this week’s Sunday Supper contributors:
- Port Wine and Fig Sauce from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Jalepeno Cranberry Sauce from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Homemade Steak Sauce from Juanita’s Cocina
- Tomato Kasundi from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Tartar Sauce from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Dairyfree Mushroom Sauce from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Teriyaki Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Wine Sauce | Molho de Vinho Tinto from Family Foodie
- Guava BBQ Sauce from Basic N Delicious
Pasta Sauces and Pastas with Sauce
- Chardonnay Seafood Sauce (with Linguine) from Country Girl in the Village
- Italian-Style Tomato Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Guiltless Alfredo Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Sicilian Marinara Sauce from Growing Up Gabel
- Basil Pesto from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Angel Hair Pasta with Neapolitan Sauce from Cookin’ Mimi
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lentil Marinara Pasta Sauce from Alida’s Kitchen
- Lamb Ragout from Maroc Mama
- Black Walnut Kale Pesto with Zucchini Spaghetti from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Amatriciana Sauce from The Weekend Gourmet
Entreés with Sauces
- Pollo en Pipian Verde (Chicken in Green Pipian Sauce) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Chicken Tikka Masala from I Run For Wine
- Pork Tenderloin with Plum Sauce from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Marsala Porcini Mushroom Sauce Over Creamy Polenta from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Garlic Mushrooms In Red Wine Sauce from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Jack Daniel’s Honey Barbecue Baked Wings from Chocolate Moosey
- Salmon with Homemade Caper Onion Mayonnaise from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken with Mushroom Demi-Glace from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Mrs. A’s Skillet Lemon Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Philly Strip Steaks with Provolone Sauce and Caramelized Onions from The Texan New Yorker
- Sweet & Sour Garlic Chicken Wings from Big Bear’s Wife
- Banana Pudding Sauce from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Raspberry Red Wine Sauce from Treats & Trinkets
- Pumpkin Applesauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Sauce from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Applesauce from Citronlimette
- Apple Cider Caramel Sauce from The Messy Baker
- Port Wine Cranberry Sauce from Webicurean
- Pumpkin Caramel Sauce from Noshing With The Nolands
Desserts with Sauces
- Sticky Toffee Pudding w/ Toffee Sauce from girlichef
- Salted Bourbon Caramel Sauce (over Chocolate Rosemary Cake) from Gotta Get Baked
- Pear Tatin with Rum Caramel Sauce from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Bananas Foster from MidLife Road Trip
- Baked Espresso Berry Pudding from The Urban Mrs
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.